When it comes to healthcare data, caring is sharing.
Even in electronic health records (EHR), sharing data is a struggle. The data blockade can have profound implications when patients receive care from multiple providers. Instead of focusing on their health, patients find themselves plugging the data-sharing gaps via interventions that may include repetitive tests, manual record requests, and hours on the phone navigating disjointed care. The need for more systems interoperability leads to decisions made with complete information.
Complicating matters further, certain EHR companies impose expensive fees for sharing data with other systems. When smaller clinics and hospitals can not afford these costs, their patients often receive a lower quality of care.
The Solution: Slingr Low-code
Slingr Low-Code solutions offer a versatile platform to empower healthcare providers to connect patient data from various sources. With seamless communication between different software applications through APIs (application programming interfaces), healthcare providers can create integrated patient portals, trigger events and notifications, and offer a new level of digital effectiveness in healthcare. As new technologies, including wearable data collection devices and 3rd party artificial intelligence solutions, permeate healthcare ecosystems, the platform evolves to support the highest standards of care. Finally, healthcare providers and their patients have an up-to-date, unified view of their patients' medical records and data.
The FHIR standard for healthcare Interoperability
The FHIR standard was released in May 2012 to accelerate the interoperability of healthcare systems, offering many advantages over previous healthcare interoperability standards. It is:
- Flexible and extensible: FHIR is designed to be flexible enough to meet the needs of various healthcare use cases. It also includes several extensibility features, allowing organizations to customize the standard to meet their needs.
- Human-readable: FHIR is written in a human-readable format, making it easier for developers to understand and implement and for clinicians to review and audit FHIR data.
- Web-based: FHIR uses modern web technologies like JSON and HTTP to exchange data, making integrating FHIR with other healthcare systems and applications accessible.
However, for some vendors, the business impacts of systems interoperability are complex. On the one hand, software vendors view FHIR-enabled software as a revenue opportunity, pricing it within reach of only the largest healthcare providers. Conversely, some vendors view data-sharing as potentially diminishing their value. Meanwhile, these business conflicts aren’t doing patients any favors.
How Slingr Low-Code + FHIR can help
With the assistance of Slingr Low-Code Solutions, healthcare providers can now overcome data-sharing challenges and offer their patients the best care possible. Slingr Low-Code and FHIR can facilitate:
1. Data-Sharing Agreements: Slingr Low-Code, integrated with FHIR standards, empowers healthcare providers to establish data-sharing agreements with other healthcare entities, fostering more comprehensive patient care.
2. Ensuring Secure and Compliant Data Sharing: The platform, in tandem with FHIR, guarantees that patient data is shared securely and follows the necessary regulations, assuring patient privacy and compliance.
3. Building Versatile Applications: Healthcare providers can utilize Slingr Low-Code, with FHIR compatibility, to construct applications capable of efficiently reading and writing data from various EHR systems, promoting interoperability and efficient data exchange.
4. Creating Unified Patient Records: Slingr Low-Code and FHIR create a unified view of a patient's medical records, streamlining healthcare delivery and decision-making.
Our steadfast belief is that everyone deserves access to the finest healthcare, irrespective of where they seek medical attention. We are committed to helping healthcare providers navigate the complexities of data sharing to provide their patients with the comprehensive care they deserve.
Data sharing is a critical component of modern healthcare. With the right tools and commitment to patient care, we can create a healthcare ecosystem where data flows seamlessly, resulting in better outcomes. Contact us today to discover how we can help you achieve these goals.